In his research, Dr. Silvers focused solely on articles
that provided scientific proof with randomized studies.
The Growing Scientific Evidence Behind Neurofeedback:
1. Closed-loop brain training: the science of neurofeedback (Nature Reviews, 2016)
2. Basic concepts and clinical findings in the treatment of seizure disorders with EEG operant conditioning, (Clin EEG, 2000)
3. Efficacy of NFB treatment in ADHD: the effects on inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity: a meta-analysis (Clin EEG Neuro, 2009)
4. Effect of NFB training on depression and fatigue in patients with multiple sclerosis (Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback, 2015)
5. Frontal alpha neurofeedback for the Reduction of Negative Affect and Anxiety (Behav Res Ther, 2017)
6. Neurofeedback and physical balance in parkinson's patients (Gait & Posture, 2014)
7. Randomized controlled trial of neurofeedback on chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: a pilot study (Cancer, 2017)
8. Increased alpha-rhythm dynamic range promotes recovery from visuospatial neglect: a NFB study (Neural Plasticity, 2017)
9. The effect of EEG biofeedback on reducing postcancer cognitive impairment (Integr Cancer Ther, 2013)
10. The effectiveness of NFB on cognitive functioning in patients with Alzheimer's disease: preliminary results (Clin Neurophy, 2016)
12. Neurofeedback training of the upper alpha frequency band in EEG improves cognitive performance (NeuroImage, 2011)
13. NFB in healthy Elderly Human Subjects with electroencephalographic Risk for Cognitive Disorder, Journal Alz Dis, 2012)
14. A randomized controlled study of neurofeedback for chronic PTSD (PloS, 2016)
15. NFB intervention in fibromyalgia syndrome; a randomized, controlled, rated blind clinical trial (Appl Psychophysiol BFB, 2010)
16. Neurofeedback and biofeedback with 37 migraineurs: a clinical outcome study, (Behav Brain Funct 2010).
Below are articles published by Dr. Silvers in various reputable neurology related journals:
Silvers D, Felice K, Late-Onset Friedreich’s Ataxia Presenting as a Spastic Paraparesis, Journal of Clinical Neuromuscular Disease, Vol 2, No 1, September, 2000, 27- 28.
Poulopoulos M, Silvers D, Clinical Reasoning: A video analysis of eye and limb movement abnormalities in a parkinsonian syndrome, Neurology, Vol 73, No 5, August 4, 2009, e20-23.
Silvers D, Menkes D, Hemibody mirror movements in hemiparkinsonism-hemiatrophy syndrome, Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 287, 2009, 260-263.
Eugene MC, Kitei D, Silvers D, Clinical Reasoning: A 75-year-old woman with visual disturbances and unilateral ataxia, Neurology, Vol 75, e29-e33, August, 2010.
Aquino K, Koralnik IJ, Silvers D, Clinical Reasoning: An 83-year-old woman with progressive hemiataxia, tremor, and infratentorial lesions, Neurology, Vol 77 (2), July 12, 2011, e7-10
E Valentina, Silvers DS, Sotinou E, Tanji K, DiMauro S, Hirano M, MERRF and Kearns-Sayre overlap syndrome due to the mtDNA m.3291 T > C mutation, Muscle and Nerve, Sept, 2011.
Zhang, Y, Silvers DS, Propriospinal myoclonus associated with gluten sensitivity in a young woman, J Neurol Sci, Jan, 2012.
Whitaker CH, Wu Q, Felice KF, Silvers D, Qian Wu, Fulminant lipid storage myopathy due to multiple acyl-coenzyme a dehydrogenase deficiency, Muscle and Nerve, Feb, 2015.